Friday, May 17, 2013

We got slimed!!!

As I always say my husband has it good. He gets time away from the circus for 8 hours a day. My job however, is a 24hr 365 continuous shift.

This morning, (4:30am to be exact )as the hubby got ready for work, he went about his usual routine of giving the little monsters a kiss on their forehead (he's such a softie for them) when he called me in their room. As I half jumped out of bed wondering why the heck he would be calling me into their room this time of morning I walked in to see him with a handful of what looked to be radio active lime green oatmeal. Needless to say somebody recreated a scene from the exorcist sometime in the middle of the night and the hubby landed right in while leaning in to kiss the kids. So as I got the little ones up to clean them and the bed up, hubby washed his hands and headed out the door leaving me to operate the "one man hazmat team" -insert envious side eye look-. As I put the two half-sleep kids one by one into the shower and clean the bed I asked who threw up, they replied in unison "I don't know". WHAT??? How do you not know?? How do you throw up and not even know?? Ok forget I asked that (I just had a flash back of new years eve).  Speaking of flashbacks I just got one that might solve our little "whodunit". As I recall as "the little princess" was coming home from her grandparents earlier today, she was eating one of those awful soft lollipops that I believe are made of some sort of white chocolate. I asked her what she had and she replied"Santa Claus"...ummm hmmm. ..so you mean to tell me that's candy from Christmas???? Did I mention its the middle of May????  I have to remember to call my dad and thank him later.

After they were all washed, I put them back to bed...my bed...yay me!!! -did u detect the sarcasm there-.where they proceded to take over my tv and wake up their younger brother who was sleeping peacefully in his crib. I have been in listening to fights over pillow pets and cartoon sing alongs ever since...uugh.But what can I say this is my life and I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment